Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 6, 2007

I have lost something . . .



I have lost something . . . I fear it never was mine alone. I’ve searched everywhere and still it seems to allude me. My words don’t come as they used too. Now they come the same as all the others . . . I wonder have I sold my soul for something that doesn’t exist. The poetry doesn’t sing anymore and still I hack at these keys. Something has gone from my words . . . I must find it again or die the stagnant death, a writer less his words.

Fitzgerald wrote, and on his death, he had a message for us all . . . Simply it said, The Price Was High. I know those words too well and still I search for that thing that gave me such thrills . . . It can’t be bought with baubles and gifts, nor would I want it if it could.

Sometimes I see me, a lonely tree in a sea of fish. For me, all that is important is the words. I long for the words, the words that sing . . . I have always known the price and yet I started down this path, I won’t quit, I can’t quit. And still those thoughts don’t come like they used too, they don’t bring the desire like they used too.

I’m just afraid that maybe I’m wasting away and the voice in my head used to tell me, you’re not . . . Now it is just a whisper of what it was . . . What if no one reads what I write? And then I wonder. If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one to hear, does it make a sound?

It only takes one to hear it, only takes one to read my words and know . . . I paid the price, the price was high. Dreams are yours to share. Dan


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.



The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: