Last night, I went to see A Christmas Carol. We go every year. It’s our only real family tradition. The rest just isn’t ours . . . The production was good but I didn’t cry. As a writer that’s the first thing I learned to do. I can make people cry without even trying and so of course I had to analyze the production . . . And I know why, I know what needed to be done differently. This beautiful story has a nail down, something to bring it home. And it has to be used at the right time . . . They used more than once.
Everyone knows those words. Every time I hear them, they work their magic on me . . . Out of the mouth of the littlest angel come the words of a cripple boy. An angel fallen by luck, not through any thing he had done. And yet we feel his pain, the pain of a child that may not live to adulthood. Personally, I’ve know this pain. Last year, my son had CANCER. I felt the pain so big, so out of my control. This year by luck, he is CANCER-FREE, at least for now. And those words, they haunt me. Out of a cold winters wind, I hear tiny Tim whisper, God Bess Us Everyone . . .
And the chill comes, it flows down my spine. The tears, they well up in my eyes . . . And for a split second, I see all those that aren’t as lucky as me . . . And my tears they always flow. Bless them, bless you . . .
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and very Happy New Year.
meme Tags . . .
I thought this was important enough to state . . . First, I am so sorry that I can not do every meme, but in truth I just can’t . . . If I failed to do yours I am so sorry, but these days I am getting so many I have to pick an choose. Please don’t be offended, I do value all my friend and their friendship . . . Dan
I’ve been Tagged again by My Friend . . . MeeMoe
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
Actors in the Milwaukee’s REP A Christmas Carrol
2. What were you doing at 0800?
Watching a Play.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Getting my email.
4. What happened to you in 2006?
My son was diagnosed with CANCER
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Two, a cup of coffee and a drink of water.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
A $20 donation for a group that helps families have a Christmas.
9. Where were you last night?
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
A Coca-Cola Bank.
12. What’s the weather like today?
Clouds of full of snow and its cold.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
Peach and Butter Pecan
14. What excites you?
Writing . . .
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Not now, growing it for Locks of Love.
16. Are you over the age of 25?
Yes, by a hundred percent.
17. Do you talk a lot?
No I don’t think so.
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Several . . .
20. Do you make up your own words?
Sometimes . . .
21. Are you a jealous person?
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
25. What does the last text message you received say?
26. Do you chew on your straw?
27. Do you have curly hair?
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
I usually dump them . . . My Dad, can’t dump him.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
31. Will you get married in the future?
I don’t think so . . .
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
I am Legend . . . Can’t say it was good, but the plot was interesting . . . Title is
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
Sure, wife, family and friends.
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
35. Are you currently depressed?
not more than usual
36. Did you cry today?
37. Why did you answer and post this?
MeeMoe is a friend . . .
38. 5 people you tag next?
1.My friend debbit . . . Bird on a Wire
2.My friend aksn1p3r . . .
3.My friend Moon Shadow . . . Kansas Born
4.My friend Peter . . . St Vincents
5.debbie3 . . . NE Lighthouse
Guys each one of you, are my friends and I’ve meme’d most of you before. I have chosen you because this is an easy one . . .
Instructions . . . In your post . . . Link to Dreams are yours to share. Copy the questions, answer them. Choose 5 friend and link to their page and notify them . . .
Dreams are yours to Share
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.
The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004
Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
Dan’s Room 2 Write
Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.
Technorati Tags: Dan Hanosh’s Dreams Are Yours To Share, Dreams Are Yours To Share, Dan Hanosh’s Sleepless Nights, Sleepless Nights, sleeplessnights book, poetry, Dan Hanosh’s poetry, Dan Hanosh, Ramblings on the wires, Dare to Dream Live Your Dreams, Dreams, Live your Dreams, A Christmas Carol, CANCER, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, meme
Powered by ScribeFire.