Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just Talking About Writing . . .

. . .

I love talking about writing . . . But not many around me understand what I’m saying. But that’s not unusual for me, I was a computer geek before we were called geeks . . . I fit in somewhere between the slide rule guys and pocket protector clan . . . Back then we were respected almost as if we were engineers and we were. I wrote many of the systems that were in use for so long and now they have gone the way of the dinosaurs . . . Eighteen programming languages, fifteen operating systems and networks up the kazoo . . . My resume read like who’s who in IT. And then I just stopped and I have never regretted a moment after.

I started writing on a trout stream in Southern Wisconsin, waiting for the rain to stop. And I have not stopped yet. We don’t value writers. We don’t appreciate the written word. And yet how many times have you said the wrong thing on the phone or to someone before realizing what you said?

We used to write letters. That was our only way to know how great Abraham Lincoln was. It was the only way we knew that he was mad at a General of his army and wrote him telling him of his dissatisfaction and you know what? He never sent it . . . Maybe he forgot or maybe he was a great man? How many times have you wrote a heated email, pushed send and wished you didn’t? Letters, writing gives you the time to get it right.

My greatest successes have come at the end of a keyboard . . . My words are my greatest asset. I graduated from North Central College in Naperville, Illinois in 1993. And just three years earlier, I didn’t know how I was going to get through one class . . . I had a paper and I just couldn’t write. And then I decided to master the written word, make it mine, my tool of choice . . . And after I did, any time a paper was announced, I would laugh, because I knew it was an easy A. In three years, I wrote 1500 pages and graduated. And my career took off, all because of the written word. I knew how to sell my ideas. I was confident. And all this came after a twenty plus year career with no real victories to claim.

And today I’m a writer . . . Our lives are made up of defining moments. I know mine, do you? What events helped to shape who you are? What earmarks mark your victories or your failures? Everything is connected, everything depends on everything else. Dreams are yours to share. Dan



Dreamers IN Motion . . .

For Christmas I have decided to make a donation in my families name . . . I should explain. Each year I try to remember why we walk the path we do . . . Why others don’t have the same opportunities we have. And I choose one out of so many others . . . I have my normal everyday charities that we support . . . Make a wish, Children’s Hospital, MS, Habitat, Food Pantry, The Salvation Army and those homeless souls I meet along the way. And I always try to find another. Last year I donated to Heifer International for chickens, ducks, bees and rabbits. And this year I have an idea, but I’m not talking just yet . . . Closer to Christmas I will tell you which charity I’ve chosen . . . And I challenge you to make difference in someone’s life.

A portion of the royalties from Sleepless Nights is earmarked for MS . . . It’s the right thing to do. I love you Chris. Dreams are yours to share. Dan


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.



The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: