Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Best Tradition Ever . . .

. . .

Happy Birthday, my Friend. Today is the birthday of my best friend. I have known him since our parents forced us to go to dancing lessons. That was thirty-seven years ago. Have a great day friend . . .

The Christmas madness is back . . . I do my best to stay away from it and do my own thing. Every Christmas I try and write a Christmas story. I’ve got two different one going. One well it isn’t really my story, but my little buddy’s. I’m just cleaning it up a little and the other is all mine.

And every year I search out Christmas stories. Currently I’m reading “He Sees You When You’re Sleeping,” by Mary Higgins Clark . . .

I have favorites, though I rarely ever revisit them.
+ The Christmas Shoes . . . Donna VanLiere
+ A Christmas Memory . . . Truman Capote
+ Skipping Christmas . . . John Grisham
+ The Christmas Train . . . David Baldacci
+ Oh and my all time favorite
A Christmas Carroll . . . Charles Dickens

Did you know every year Dickens wrote a Christmas story?

So many people are depressed during the Christmas Season. I used to be one of them. It’s loniliness, missing those we can’t be with. And the baggage of the past . . .

That used to be me, not any more. I get excited again because it’s my one chance to write any thing I choose. I don’t get into gift giving any more. I don’t get into the tree and the lights. A little snow is always nice, but the garbage we had the other day, is more like a snow cone without the flavoring.

I used to belong to a group, a service club . . . Now I don’t have the time. All I have now is my Christmas stories. And one huge tradition . . . Each year as a family we go to see, A Christmas Carroll. I can’t imagine Christmas without seeing the best Christmas story ever.

And you know, my son in Tucson has started his own version . . . He and his wife are going to see Mannheim Steamroller, how cool? Long ago, when my kids were small we would travel far and wide to see them. I had forgotten . . .

And let me be the first to wish you and yours a very, special Holiday . . . And remember, only you can control your happiness . . . Dreams are yours to share. Dan


A New Contest . . . Tell me a story

Momma and Daddy’s tell me sweet Christmas stories . . . Everyone come tell . . . Make them up, relive your most favorite Christmas, but leave me a comment telling me of your sweet thoughts and I will put them on dreams and your name in the pool for the readers to vote for the best . . . The winner will receive a copy of my book, Sleepless Nights. Writers, show me what you’re made of . . .


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.



The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: