Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Friday, August 17, 2007

Have you ever taken a child fishing . . .

?

You’ll have to put their worm on their hook, take off any fish they catch, tell them when to strike . . . But you won’t have to tell them when to be excited, when to smile or to laugh. Their smiles will come all by themselves. And in the end they’ll try to do everything themselves.

What’s with a twitch of a red and white bobber?

Your child will ask, “now Daddy?”
“Not quite yet, honey.”
“Now, can I pull now?”
“No. Not just yet.”

The bobber slips under rippling blue water’s surface.

“Now Sweetie, pull.”

And you watch as they bring in that first bluegill, your reward is the biggest hug . . . And then you know, it doesn’t get any better than that.

You might get tired of all their questions, but I doubt it, for in that one instant you are their hero, all because you took a child fishing.

It’s a gift to you, a parent, to see life through your child’s eyes . . . For this reason and this reason only; I will never totally grow up. I don’t want my innocence to dry up, to go away. I like thinking that there’s hope in our children, in the way they look at life. To them the glass is always half full. And as I look around I see the world’s beauty as it abounds and that is enough to make me smile.

Make a dream; take a child fishing . . . Dreams Are Yours To Share.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights



Leave a Comment at Warriors . . .
I'm making a list of FRIENDS
AROUND THE WORLD

Warriors and Wars


My Other Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
The World Outside My Window
This Side Of Midnight
Dan’s Room 2 Write
My Poetry at PoemHunter


Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: