Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

In Search of Xanadu . . .

. . .

Xanadu was first mentioned in a poem by Coleridge named for Kubla Khan. Coleridge describes his summer dwellings as a “Pleasure-dome”. The ruler of the Mongolian Empire, escaped the heat in what is said to be a garden of Eden, walled and pristine.

And to be honest, each of our homes has more than his Xanadu could have ever have hoped for . . .

Olivia Newton-john’s song paints Xanadu as fictional place nobody dared go . . . And each time they try to make it real. So many try to cash in on the fame . . . And each time they seem to fail.

I wonder is Xanadu a myth or a curse? Each of us seems to be searching for their heaven on earth with all its trappings . . . But is Xanadu really a metaphor for merely a metaphysical place? I wonder . . . A place to achieve wisdom, knowledge and compassion. It sounds like where I go when I write.

Are we here merely to grow and to move on to the next plane? Does the loser, get to do all this over again, but with different challenges thrown in. Not me, I don’t want to be doing it all again as Gregor Samsa . . . Kafka didn’t paint such a rosy picture as a bug.

What if? I prefer to get it right this time . . . Dreams Are Yours To Share.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights



Leave a Comment at Warriors . . .
I'm making a list of FRIENDS
AROUND THE WORLD

Warriors and Wars


My Other Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
The World Outside My Window
This Side Of Midnight
Dan’s Room 2 Write
My Poetry at PoemHunter


Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: