Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Where did I grow up . . .

. . .

When I was a boy, ten years of age, I wanted to be a Geologist. I loved rocks, rock formations and especially fossils. The very first I ever found was a Trilobite an Arthropod. I was hunting along a railroad track.

My area was teaming with shells, limestone, quartz and coal. Occasionally I would find sandstone and once in a great while a piece of petrified wood from along the river. And in a lake south of where I grew up they found a Mastodon.

And just from that description you just might guess where I grew up . . . Not yet, eh?

The Mississippi was fifty to eighty miles to the west. In a field not far from my house we found loads of arrowheads from the local Indian tribes, the Fox, Pottawatomie, Sauk.

Barb wire was first created in a town thirty miles to the west, home of NIU . . . Any idea yet?

My hometown was known at one time for windmills . . . Home town of Dan Issel, leading scorer of the ABA, once a member of the Kentucky Colonels and the Denver Nuggets. And the once quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengal’s, Kenny Anderson.

Answer . . . LI, aivataB (backwards)


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights



Leave a Comment at Warriors . . .
I'm making a list of FRIENDS
AROUND THE WORLD

Warriors and Wars


My Other Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
The World Outside My Window
This Side Of Midnight
Dan’s Room 2 Write
My Poetry at PoemHunter


Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: