Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Blind Buddies . . .

. . .

When I was younger I went duck hunting for the first time. My brother-in-law took me . . . We got up at the crack of dawn and were out the door before the sun. Frost covered the windshield and whitened the landscape. As we walked through the field, we could see our breaths. My brother-in-law told me to be ready for geese often sleep floating in front of the blind. We entered the grass hut and sat waiting . . . Shortly the sun’s rays shown over the slew. My partner turned to me.

“Do you see it?”
“See what?” I asked.
“That goose . . .”

It sat not five feet from me. I put my gun slowly to my shoulder. Boom . . . And over it went onto its side.

“What the hell.” I said to my friend.
“Why the hell did you shoot? They have to be flying. I didn’t tell you . . .”
“You didn’t tell me what? What the hell is wrong with that bird?”
“That’s not a bird . . . You dummy, it’s a decoy.”

All hell broke loose with belly laughs . . . Not five minutes later, my brother-in-law’s hunting partner, Nick showed up.

“Did you see the new decoy I got? Pretty nice, eh?”

I couldn’t look at him . . . I had to keep cool. I looked straight ahead, not moving a muscle. Inside I was dying . . . The decoy had rolled over and was riding the waves half-submerged in front of us.

Ten years later, I confessed to Nick at my brother-in-laws wedding reception . . . He just smiled, shook his head and walked away.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 22 Zero Days 3
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 8.6
Total Miles . . . . . . 126.2
Average Miles . . . 5.7
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 15 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights


Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Dan Hanosh said...

Dreams Are Yours To Share . . . Share Them With The World

Dan Hanosh