Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm Back . . .

. . .

My internet connection was down . . . I think the squirrels were enacting revenge on me, bedding down in the lines for the winter. Two days latter finally the phone line is back as is my DSL and so is my motivation.

And I’ve been Dreaming . . . Dreaming of a world where everyone enjoys everyone else . . . Just think someone going out of their way for you? All it takes is for you to be that one to start . . . Hence my piece on Locks of Love, signing up to be an organ donor . . .

And this year I am looking for something that I can do that will make a difference. In the past at this time of year, I have sent out a Christmas story to over a hundred people. I have been doing that for five years, and I always get a little down when I get just a handful of Christmas Cards in return . . . Everyone says they’re too busy. I just don’t see filling out a card, putting a stamp on it and mailing it as the same thing as spending several weeks writing a story. But maybe it is . . .

So many don’t even bother to read the story . . . But I continued for five years, until last year I just didn’t feel like it . . . It was a tough year. And those closest to me didn’t have a clue why? You see, my son had CANCER . . . We spent one of the hardest five months fighting it and he is CANCER-FREE . . .

But to be honest, being busy is just another excuse for not doing it . . . All my working life, I never used excuses, because that meant embracing failure and I don’t fail . . .

All of this has a point . . . To have friends you have to be a friend. Business friends are not real friends. When my father retired, he wondered where all his business friends had gone . . . And why is family, many times looked on as a burdens? Why? Family is usually always there . . .

How can you make a difference in a friend’s life? Sometimes it’s as easy as writing a letter, making a phone call . . . But don’t expect an answer . . . People are just too busy or so they think. But let me tell you, for the last five years I have been writing my nephew, Chris . . . You remember Chris, the co-author of Sleepless Nights. Well I have all his letters and mine that I wrote to him . . . And someday I will share our story, but that is another story . . .

Homework for you . . . Make a difference in someone’s life. Write a letter to a long lost friend, make a phone call, take out to dinner, renew a friendship . . . And see where it goes. Oh and write it in your journal . . . Don’t have one start one . . . And on the outside write, How I did my part to change the world, one person at a time . . . Dreams are yours to share.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 52
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 8.0
Total Miles . . . . . . 222.6
Average Miles . . . N/A
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 16 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.

The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

My Mission . . . Dreams are yours to share is dedicated to DREAMS, learning to dream again, learning to be happy again. Everyday we are bombarded with unhappiness, news of wars, killings, lies and deceit. And no where can we go to balance the load . . . My message is simple, change only happens when we change. Happiness is contagious and it stops wars dead . . . Find you bliss, follow your dreams, live a life with no regrets . . . Dreams are Yours to share.

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: