Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Monday, October 8, 2007

What Happens To Dreams Left Undone . . .

. . .

Where do you travel? What do you go to see, what excites you? Is your dream to travel?

To travel the globe like Mark Twain wrote in “The Innocents Aboard” or the United States as Steinbeck in “Travels With Charley.”

I’m an observer. I watch everything around me, animals, people . . . Maybe it stems from an Anthropology class I took? I love to study people. As a writer, I’m always looking for characters and their idiosyncrasies, their unique traits that make them unforgettable, a twitch, a limp or simply pulling their ear incessantly. Some people like to say peculiar words.

I despise hotels and love to camp. Long ago, I spent far too much time living in one room. I don’t like flying, too short, not enough time to get to know anyone and its too loud . . . Trains are great, so our buses. I don’t think I’d like a cruise much, unless it was taking me somewhere . . . Maybe to Europe, hiking or Pamplona to watch the bulls or Spain to fish? The Hemingway thing I read about as a kid . . .

Did you know that you can hike Mount Kilimanjaro? They even have photo safaris . . . Pretty cool? How about canoeing the Amazon or diving an old Spanish wreck? Dreams wild and exotic . . . What were yours? For me, every place I go, I have to stop long enough to write . . . To remember, to share because that’s what I do.

Do you ever wonder why books leave so much out? I mean, we don’t know how people lived in history, we can assume, but we really don’t know . . . Did they have restaurants in Europe in the 1400’s? How did people travel during the French and Indian wars? They walked didn’t they? But how did they eat? Did they stop at every little burg to buy supplies or did they hunt along the way? What were the markets like? What did they eat? Salted foods, dried meat, can goods?

Nathaniel Hawthorn and James Fenimore Cooper told his quite a bit in their books . . . But isn’t fiction, just lies?

Why don’t we know the details, what happened to those books? Ever look for a specific release of a book that’s no longer in print? Did you ever find it? Why don’t we know what they were thinking? What happened to all those books written by not so famous writers?

That’s easy . . . They threw them out or today, we sell them on EBay.

What happens to Dreams after a while? I don’t think it happens by design but still it happens. Somewhere there’s a place where all dreams go . . . I wonder is it like a library of thoughts? What happens to those un-lived dreams when you die? Are they regrets or are they just nothing?

Do you have regrets? Maybe you do . . . I don’t. I live my dreams. Dreams are yours to share.


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 41 Zero Days 11
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 7.4
Total Miles . . . . . . 183.8
Average Miles . . . 4.4
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 15 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books: The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

Soon to come, Sleepless Nights

My Mission . . . Dreams are yours to share is dedicated to DREAMS, learning to dream again, learning to be happy again. Everyday we are bombarded with unhappiness, news of wars, killings, lies and deceit. And no where can we go to balance the load . . . My message is simple, change only happens when we change. Happiness is contagious and it stops wars dead . . . Find you bliss, follow your dreams, live a life with no regrets . . . Dreams are Yours to share.

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: