Dream Catcher

Google
 
Web dreams-are-yours-to-share.blogspot.com
wariorsandwars.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Half a Century in the Making . . .



First, please play the Dream Catcher Song at the top, while you read . . . Calling All Angels is a favorite of mine, as is Lenny Kravitz. Enjoy . . .

Today I turn 50 . . . That’s right, The BIG 5 0.

I don’t feel old . . . Inside I just never grew up. I still do the same things, those things I did when I was seventeen. I still act the same, at least that’s what I tell my self.

I used to be so serious, not any more. Now every day is a treat, every day I sing a song. For my birthday, my wife got me a feel good button. You know the easy button, kind of looks like that only when you push it . . . James Brown does his Rendition of my Feeling of life and I always sing along . . .

I feel good . . . doodle, doodle, doodle-do.
I knew that I would, now . . . doodle, doodle, doodle-do.
I feel good . . . doodle, doodle, doodle-do.
I knew that I would, now . . . doodle, doodle, doodle-do.
So good . . . doot, doot.
so good . . . doot, doot . . . I got you woooooooooooo.

And so the other night as I said once before . . .

I was getting ready to do my daily five mile walk. I heard my wife come in the front door.
“Hey, I’m going for a walk . . . ,“ I shouted out to her.
“You are, are you?”
That’s when I looked up in disbelief . . . My oldest son was standing there like he just made a cake or something . . . You see he lives in Tucson, AZ., 2500 miles away. He had just flown in for my birthday.

And that’s when I stammered some unrecognizable words. For a moment, I had lost all ability to speak, at least coherently . . . Oh and that night I didn’t go for my walk . . . Dreams, do come true.

50 Years in the making and you know, it’s the little things that matter the most. An occasional good cigar, a good book, spending time with those you love and spending time with my internet friends . . . And of course, I still write each day no matter what . . . That’s what writer’s do.

And that’s what I do, from 12:00 am to 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. That’s when I find the time to work on my novel, Sins of a Father . . . And very soon, it will be finished. And another Dream will come to fruition. You see, Dreams do come true.


Dreams IN Motion . . .

Need a good cry? Watch the video feed of Pay-it-forward on the side . . . Want a Link? – Make a difference, help The Cause. Comment them to me or shout out and I’ll share with the world . . . I haven’t Forgot, have you? What have you done for another person today? What have you done to make a difference?

Each and every day I try to make those I come in contact with, smile . . . Sometimes I act pretty silly. But I always get a smile, it may be a labored one, but still the person had a small upturn in the corners of their mouth. That’s what counts . . . A state change.

Many years ago I went to my Grandmother’s funeral. All my life, I thought of her as being poor. But that day, for the first time I knew she lived a rich life. One most of us would never have the good fortune to understand. You see this old lady had touched everyone in that church some way . . . She had touched them in such a way that they had found it necessary to come and say their Goodbyes . . . The church could hold four hundred people and the doors were overflowing into the street. And with tears running down my cheeks I knew this small lady had lived a good life, a life of no regrets . . . Dreams are yours to share. Dan


Dan Hanosh
Dreams are yours to Share

AT Dream Training
Day 68
Current Miles/Day (20 M/D) 5.6
Total Miles . . . . . . 284.4
Average Miles . . . N/A
Weight Loss (100 lbs). . 19 lbs
( ) . . . My Goals Go to Trail Journals


My Books:
Just Released . . . Sleepless Nights, AuthorHouse, 2007
A continuation of The World . . . through a poets eyes.



The World Outside My Window, AuthorHouse, 2004

My Mission . . . Dreams are yours to share is dedicated to DREAMS, learning to dream again, learning to be happy again. Everyday we are bombarded with unhappiness, news of wars, killings, lies and deceit. And no where can we go to balance the load . . . My message is simple, change only happens when we change. Happiness is contagious and it stops wars dead . . . Find you bliss, follow your dreams, live a life with no regrets . . . Dreams are Yours to share.

Links: Dreams Are Yours To Share
Warriors and Wars
The Moon Also Rises
This Side Of Midnight
The World Outside My Window
Dan Hanosh poemhunter.com
Dan’s Room 2 Write

Copyright © 2007 by Dan Hanosh. All rights reserved.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan!!!!
Keep Dreaming...